So its great that they are doing the marathon, but I could really care less about the first six days. I have all those seasons on DVD and I have watched those episodes countless times. But around season 13, I started losing interest because the show got really bad. I don't even know if it was bad in comparison to what it once was or in comparison to all primetime television, but suffice to say, I was no longer watching.
Now lots of articles coming out have given their lists of ten or twenty or fifty simpsons episodes to DVR and all of these inevitably come from the first 13 seasons (really the first ten). So I have culled the internet and am giving you dear reader, the gift what Not-So-Crappy The SImpsons Episodes to DVR from the last 12 (13?) seasons. Disclaimer: I have not seen any of these episodes (and if I did, I have forgotten basic plot details).
- The Great Louse Detective--8/27, 2:00 pm ET (Season 14). Sideshow Bob! Antics! Let the good times roll.
- Moe Baby Blues--8/27, 9:30 pm ET (Season 14). Here is an usual pairing. Moe & Maggie! Oh I cannot even imagine what antics they may be up to. If this is anything like the Babysitters Club books my sisters used to read, this episode is probably mildly interesting!
- Today, I Am A Clown--8/28, 1:00 a.m. ET (Season 15). Krusty episodes are always good. Well, the WERE always good. It looks like Rabbi Hyman Krustofski makes an appearance (and enjoy him while he lasts, because he is on the chopping block)
- Treehouse of Terror XVII--8/29, 8:30 am ET (Season 18). The promo photo for this episode has Otto dressed as a John Dillenger-type, complete with Tommy Gun. Sold. Stories include the Blob, a 1920s silent film, and real life reaction to World of the Wars.
- Eternal Moonshine of the Simpsons Mind--8/30, 12:00 am ET (Season 19). Any movie that makes Kate Winslet likable is ripe for parody. Allegedly a darker episode, which makes me think they were actually trying.
- Any Given Sundance--8/30, 4:30 am ET (Season 19). A film festival episode without all integrity destroying corporate intervention that sullied the first Springfield Film Festival. Hopefully this also includes a football to the groin (baseball to the groin would be acceptable, but 67% less funny).
- Homer and Lisa Exchange Cross Words--8/30, 8:30 am ET (Season 20). Well this one caught my eye because earlier today I watched the classic episode where Lisa helps Homer bet on football. In this episode, Homer bets against Lisa. Fireworks are sure to happen, just as assuredly as Mr. Burns will not be donating money to the orphanage even though pigs can fly.
- The Bob Next Door--8/31, 3:00 am ET (Season 21). Sideshow Bob back for Revenge! Watch for rakes.
- Politically Inept, With Homer Simpson--8/31. 7:30 pm ET (Season 23). Homer Simpson as Glenn Beck? I thought Glenn Beck built his career on being Homer Simpson. Seriously though, what better person to play a Fox News blowhard than Homer Jay Simpson.
- Holidays of Future Past--8/31, 7:00 pm ET (Season 23). At least one person likes this episode: Everything is coming up Milhouse!
So there you go. An almost completely arbitrary list of episodes to watch. OK, not quite arbitrary, as I consulted Vulture, AV Club, and something called mandatory.com. Anyway, I haven't seen anyone else do this, so this is the best you are gonna get! (though the "professional" websites are probably just waiting until next week because, jeez still five more days until season 14).